Watching the world go by





Its Friday and I’m in my Baju Melayu (Malay traditional / national costume).
Our University’s heads just walked past my office with some visitors from an Indonesian university. They will be signing a memorandum of understanding this morning in the big meeting room.










And here we have the tealady with her tray of goodies for the visitors and our bosses.
With one of the walls of my office made of glass, I can see everyone who walks by and they can see me to, the question is who is watching who?
I remember long a go at Bigland A floor Cartmel College, Lancaster University my friends and I had a window that occupied the entire wall of our kitchen. We used to sit by that window in the afternoons and watch people go by. It was better when it rained or when it snowed because we could sin in the warmth of our kitchen nursing steaming cups of coffee, tea or chocolate and watched as those poor wretched souls rush by trying to get out of the cold as fast as they can. In summer, when the sun was out and the girls went out in their skimpy sunbathing outfits, we were by the window too. That is when we were not out there with them.

Comments

Popular Posts