A new place


Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Well, its my third day at OUM. They have given me a room (sharing with a chap from the business school), some stationery, computer connection but no computer yet so I’m using my own laptop for now. The work as started. It’s alright really. The work isn’t too hard but they do require a fair bit of grey matter work and rather fast finger work on the keypad. I’ve got a phone that I can dial out now, in UKM they gave us phone that can receive calls directly but we needed to go through the operator to call out. The phone has been put to good use because I’ve had to call people at various teaching colleges across the country for some of the tasks.
The food here is nothing to write about unless if you are writing on the mundaneness that Malay food can sink to when it is prepared without the care and love that these recipes require. I think the food can be described as watching the spectacular visual effects of Matrix on a tiny black and white television.
I have a strong feeling that I will be losing weight soon because this place is literally linked by staircases. There corridors are short and they always begin and end with staircases. Everything you need is on a different floor, unless you need to see someone across the corridor. I’m having fun so far.

Comments

Popular Posts