I am terrified

I am terrified because they are trying to take my tongue away. In its place they will install a language from far away,  from a land where the drizzle holds sway.
I am petrified because they are trying to take my faith away.  In its place they will install theological uncertainty: a choice to worship any deity.  Any choice is acceptable as long as I don't choose my own.
I am filled with fear because I have no closet from which to exit.  I prefer the touch of the opposite gender,  the kiss from one whose sex is fairer.
I am gripped by horror because my name tells them that I am a purveyor of terror.  My Bin means bomb. The name of my father is synonymous with slaughter.  All of which are alien to me. 
But what can I do?
Get angry?
Build a bomb or two?
Perhaps it would be more easy to turn off the TV or to stop reading these newspapers.
So I fold away the rag.
Take a deep breath. 
I feel better already.

Comments

Popular Posts