Penang very briefly revisited

I am off to Pulau Pinang again. This time the office booked me a flight on Fireflyz, a subsidiary of the Malaysian Airline System, I am told.  The service shorter distance local flights using smaller aircrafts: in this case an ART 72-500 212 – I think I got the plane model right. 

First, the departure was from Subang Airport.  That caused some degree of confusion. I have been labouring with an image of Subang airport from 15 years ago when there was a Terminal 1, 2 and 3.  How surprised I was to see that terminal 1 has been replaced by a blue building belonging to some company.  Terminal 2 is still there but it is now serving as the office for a law enforcement organization of some kind.

Subang Airport today apparently refers to what was once known as Terminal 3: not as historic and nostalgic as the old Terminal 1 but certainly more modern especially after all that renovation… at least it will be when the renovations are done.

The flight was uneventful; which is excellent.  I took in some sight seeing and decided to take some photos using my pda-camera which was when I got some interesting patterns from the propeller.  The rotation rate cause the interesting patterns. Let me share them with you.

Pulau PInang 004

Pulau PInang 006

Comments

Popular Posts