A Day Without Complaining

Yesterday, I placed the poster below which I got from someone on the Facebook back on Facebook with an invitation for my friends and acquaintances to join me in a whole day of not complaining.



I too tried it. So Today, I went about my business while doing my absolute best to not complain about anything. It proved harder than I thought it would be.
I spent the first half of the day at a Chinese School in Kota Emerald observing my student do her teaching practical. Nothing to complain there. She did exceedingly well and the children were a delight, they had an interesting sense of humour too A little warped but interesting.
I got back to KL and had lunch at a warong that I have been going to since I was six years old. OK, so the proprietor is a descendant of the original proprietor and the location has changed but the mee jawa was still a delight.

Its now in Kampung Baru at the new Medan Selera across the road from Setia Sky apartments. Still nothing to complain about. So far so good.
The traffic back to the office was a little jammed up but there were some really enjoyable songs on the radio. I almost wished that the road would jam a bit more so I could hang out in the car and listen to music longer.
When I got to the office, the Dean gave me some bad news - no need to explain lah. I sat in my office for a moment and wondered if this is an occasion for a good complain. "Nope!", I thought.  It was an occasion to rise up to the challenge and solve the problem. Like they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Although I think it may have come from some Indochinese country where they actually do eat cats, otherwise why would they want to skin a cat?
I sat down with a cup of coffee and had a little think. The solution I arrived at looked like it could lead to interesting places. That got me excited again.
So I put on the radio and let my fingers fly across the keyboard - Yes, I can type at a decent speed.
I checked Facebook for notifications. I saw that a certain acquaintance of mine was still busy berating the BN government. as I read his comments, I realised that there was so much hate in this guy. His tirades reminded me of someone I once knew: the same hate, the same words of hate. I realised that these were reflection of what was in his mind and heart. IN the end, the person i once knew commited suicide., I wonder if my FB acquaintance would do the same after all the hate is the same.

Comments

Popular Posts