Yup, this Year’s CNY is Definitely Lively

When I came home from work today, I saw that one of my neighbour’s cars was in quite a bad shape.  Its right front tyre was flat and a large section on the left side had massive scratches and dents.  There were bits of concrete and concrete dust all over the left side. 

I spoke to our building manager and asked what had happened. He said, a tow truck brought then car back earlier that morning.  The neighbour was in the car totally inebriated. The security guards helped him to his house and left him in front of his apartment. 

Apparently, he didn’t make it into his apartment. he collapsed just outside his door. I think he managed to open one door but failed to open the inner door.  The cleaning lady later found him on the floor bleeding. He had apparently hurt himself in the collision.  They called the ambulance. 

When the ambulance arrived, they found him still passed out on the floor, and bleeding… and still very drunk.  The paramedic treated him for the injury and tried to take him to the hospital for further treatment.  He was relatively awake at the time and he refused to go.  Worried that there may have been foul play, they called the police.  According to the paramedic, this was no common case of intoxication. I think they may have ran a breathalyser test.  A patrol car arrived shortly after.

The policemen recorded the incident and tried to convince the man to go with the ambulance.  Again, they failed to convince the man.  So there was nothing more to do but help him into his apartment and leave him to his devices. 

We haven’t seen him since. If he is okay, I bet he will wake up with one hell of hangover.  Perhaps, if I see him tonight, I will wish him Happy New year in a very loud voice.

Comments

Popular Posts