Tired of this scam

Are you like me, tired of these Nigerian scam based scams that you receive via the email?

They look like this,

FROM THE DESK OF MR GEORGE GORDON,

AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING
MANEGER,

BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)

OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO.

DEAR
FRIEND,

I HOPED THAT YOU WILL NOT EXPOSE OR BETRAY THIS TRUST AND CONFIDENT THAT I AM ABOUT TO IMPOSE ON YOU FOR THE MATUAL BENEFIT OF OUR FAMILIES.I NEED YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE IN TRANSFERRING THE SUM OF (USD$15.5 M) MILLION TO YOUR ACCOUNT WITHIN 10 TO 17 BANKING DAYS. THIS MONEY HAS BEENDORMANT FOR YEARS IN OUR BANK WITHOUT ANY BODY CLAIMING THE FUND.I WANT THE BANK TO RELEASE THE MONEY TO YOU AS THE NEAREST PERSON TO OUR DECEASED CUSTOMER (THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT) BELONGS TO
ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMER (MR. RICHARD BURSON) WHO DIED ALONGWITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ON NOVEMBER 1999 IN A PLANE CRASH.

So, I have created a standard answer for them. Here is it. Feel free to use it and spread it.  Do send a copy back to me if you improve on it. Thanks

The standard answer

Dear Sir

I would firstly like to thank you for your interest in doing business with me; I am deeply flattered by your willingness to trust me with the amount of money mentioned especially when you have no reason to trust me at all.

I am indeed interested in the business you suggested, however I am sure you would agree that I have to take several precautions. These precautions are made necessary by the recent barrage of scams based on the Nigerian scam.

Therefore, what I will do is open an account: it only takes RM 10 to do this. I will not put any more money into that account nor will I disclose details of that account to you over any form of telecommunication because there is always a danger that others might gain access to that information. Moreover, in the Nigerian scam the perpetrators used the same information to empty the victim’s account from abroad; this will not be possible without the account details. In addition, even if someone were to know the details of this account, the act emptying the account from abroad will cost much more than the RM10 that I place in the account. Please believe me that these are merely precautions that I have to take, they in no way indicate any form of mistrust of your good self.

If you are willing to agree to these conditions, please return this email and we can proceed with the necessary steps.

Thank you

Comments

Auntie Dot said…
Don't have to go as far as Nigeria. Here in Malaysia, i have been told to have won a good sum of money via sms and contests I never partake and never heard of. I'm sure you have gotten these stupid messages too. Here's my standard answer,(on days I bother to answer to kill my own boredom):

"Dear sir, thank you for letting me win the RM12,000 in a contest I've never heard before. However, as a sign of goodwill, please redirect the amount of money I have won to Balqis association as I fear Khir Toyo may need it more than I do right about now. Thank you again for your generosity. I've decided to pay forward on this one."

Popular Posts