Sibu and Miri again

I was in Sibu again the other day. Again, its not really the liveliest place in the world. The night I go there I ordered a nasi goreng for room service. It was palatable enough. It was definitely cheaper than other hotels I've been to. At Tanahmas Sibu the nasi Gorent was about RM12. It came with two sticks of satat and some crackers.
I found two redeeming factors for the Sibu area. One is the Bintangor oranges. It doesn't look like much but it tastes great. Its a little sour but that's great for thirty throats.
My friend in Sibu also introduced me to what they call limau susu - translated breast oranges. its called that because, he said, it looks like a you know what. I can't really see it myself but perhaps you can.
I went to the pasar malam in Sibu town and found an interesting kueh. a local delicacy, I guess. It came in cones like below.
when you open it, you get a somewhat less than attractive slug like piece. Its sweet and taste kinda like mung beans. I was stuck at the Kuching airport for six hours waiting for a connecting flight to Miri. There I got to talking to this girl who was waiting fo rthe same flight. He name was Dee and she was going to see he parents in Miri. She's studying architectural drawing in Kuching.

The rest, was relatively mundane.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hazidi . . . you mean an eyeful like that sweet little architectural drawing student Dee was MUNDANE!! Not to me, Old Pal!!
PahNur said…
aiyyoooo...everytime i read stuff in your blog, i get hungry larr....
alb said…
Used to stay at Tanahmas whenever I visited Sibu during my Shell days (until 1997). Didn't know that prices are still as they were before. Good to know this. These days I only visit Bintulu and Miri, must try to visit Sibu and look up old friends again.

All best and Eid Mubarak to you, Hazidi. Harap maafkan apa2 yang pernah terlanjur kata atau terlepas ucap.

alb

Popular Posts