A belief in numbers

A friend and colleague just took my employee number down because she said since my birthday is just round the corner I have luck with me, so she want to buy four digit numbers with my number. I am sceptical when it comes to numbers and luck. Like i told this friend a few minutes ago, I don't think having your birthday around the corner has anything to do with luck. Over the weekend, I went to the dinner I mentioned in the last entry with my brother. There were about three hundred people there and there were about a hundred prizes for the lucky draws. That meant that everyone's probability was 1:3.2 and since we both had tickets, our probability as a group was 1:1.6 which was 'bloody' good odds.
Still however we both failed to bring any of the prizes home.

Comments

Popular Posts