Received a "cool" reply from a dear old friend about my piece yesterday. She says....

Duh! You're what we singletons called a Smug Married.

So patronising:)

Yes, I've never been married and I've never been particularly consumed with
the need/desire to marry. So I can't knowingly comment.

In fact, last raya resolved my determination not to marry in the near
future. No offense, but all those screaming children would drive me
demented. But friends have told me that if the screaming little buggers are
my own brats, I may feel differently. But I don't intend to find out
soon...LOL!

But some married ppl have forgotten what it's like being single. If you're
single in the 'teen' years or the early 20's, yes, singledom can be one big
party.

But as we get older and gotten other priorities, things have changed
somewhat.

We don't spend every single night looking for partners and we don't talk to
every man or go to every single event expecting to find a life partner.
Heck, 2 hours is long enough in most cases:)

There are good marriages and there are bad marriages. Likewise, there are
happy singles and there are unhappy singles. But I often find the 'bitter
spinsters' are not actually bitter because they're unmarried but normally
because they're born unhappy.

That's it. Yet another unmarried marriage councillor:)

Comments

zwb11323 said…
salam...haha true2 but i will try not to stay single for too long...and rite now desprately finding for a wife...in the same time enjoying my single life...hope to find someone soon...i'm a bit choosy too...regards

Popular Posts