October 8, 2002
The big day is here. Today, according to the papers, the moon, the sun and the earth are in alignment. Consequently, we are supposed to be getting freaky weather. The Malaysian coastal states are going to get so much rain that there will be floods everywhere. Well, there were a few flooded areas today but not as bad as it could have been probably because we were prepared.
I have recently finished handling a flooding of my own, flood of exam papers to mark. Thankfully, its all done. As usual, I am not altogether happy with some of them but there were a few that were outstanding. This semester, the students I got were … well rather average. Unlike last year when there was this one student who asked me if studying his notes would be enough preparation for the exam. I told him that if he did just that, he would be able to pass without much problems. However, if he were to go through the reading list and read the suggested books, he would definitely do much better and I suggested he do the same with his other courses.. it seems that, that was exactly what he did. Consequently, he ended up with a first class degree.
Anyway there were a few classic answers in the papers. To the question on diglossia, one answered, ‘a disease…’ I must remember that line for my nest class.
Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts