The wonders of my fellow Malaysian.

I am often awed by the amazing abilities displayed by my fellow Malaysians. More often than not, they themselves are oblivious of these gifts that they possess. They happily go through life without knowing that they are using abilities that others cannot even imagine having, let alone having it themselves.

Don’t just take my word for it, I will cite you a few examples and then you can go out observe your friends and family members. You will probably soon encounter them yourself.

Some will say, “I don’t watch Malaysian television news, it’s all crap”, a few minutes later they will rattle on and on about something that was shown on the news just a few hours earlier.

A friend might say, “You will never catch me watching TV3. I don’t watch crony tv”. A few moments go by, the group talks about various topics. You turn away for a moment and when you come back to the group, you find the very same friend commenting on Nurul Syuhada’s suit in that morning’s Selamat Pagi Malaysia or how Wardina’s choice of hijab colour suited her suit very well. Imagine if she had actually watched TV3, what wonders would she bring to the conversation.

A few I know have never been into a school since they left it decades ago, have no children of school going age, are not involved in any school related bodies, do not know anyone in the ministry of education or in the education fraternity, have never read any books or research articles on education AND YET can confidently tell you that the Malaysian education system is in a sorry state. More importantly, they will even tell you how the system MUST be improved. Better still, if you compare their ideas on education and the literature on education, you may find that their ideas are actually several decades, even centuries, behind time. In their cases, confidence is clearly not a problem but you still see numerous motivational books in their collection.

Watching my fellow Malaysians is a wonderful hobby. If you haven’t tried it yet, I strongly recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts