So from where hath thou graduated?

If you saw me in my car this morning, you would probably have thought that there was something wrong with that chap in the blue car.  I was at a traffic light in the Chow Kit area waiting for the green light when I could not help but laugh.  Let me tell you why.
It all began last night.  I received an message online from a friend telling me that a university in Wales had stopped their dealings with a local college because the college's head or figure head was found to have lied to everybody: it seems that his masters and doctorate were both fakes. Yes, I'm talking about Fadzley.
I remembered a few years ago when I first saw this guy in a newspaper saying that he had a doctorate, I remember thinking, "hmmm that was quick. When did he do the degree?" but it was only for brief moment because I was reading the paper as I was sitting on the throne and it was finishing.
His story came up again in the news this morning which i heard as I was tucking into a bowl of cereal this morning, at which point I remembered that a friend had once told me of a motivation program that this chap was running.  Again this was a fleeting matter because I was again on the way to that little room when my friend and colleague stopped me to tell me of the program.
IN my car, as I drove to the office, I turned on the radio and i was flipping through the channels when i came upon a voice talking about how to become a winner. It was nothing new really, he was rehashing one of the principles used in neurolinguistic programming, but i suppose not many know about NLP.  As i got to the traffic light, he finished and mentioned his name, that was when I cracked up laughing.
You see, if you put all that together, you'll find that this man really does know what it means to be a winner. You carry on regardless of what obstacle stands in  your way.  For example, if you want a degree or two from a certain institution, you cannot let minor set back like the university being non-existent or the course being non-existent or not going to an educational institution stand in your way.
Now here was dedication.
You don't get it? That's okay, just thought you might like to know. Especially if you were in that red Proton that had stopped to my right this morning.  I'm not certain but I could almost swear I saw the woman in the passenger seat lock her door when she saw me laughing for no apparent reason in my car.

Comments

Popular Posts