Bangkok, Oh, Bangkok

I was in Bangkok again recently.  I was part of a delegation from my university sent there to talk to one of the Thai universities about collaboration in various areas.  We were there for about four days.  Honestly, although I liked Bangkok, it somehow makes me feel a little claustrophobic after about a day or so.  Perhaps it is because it was mostly crowded everywhere.

152

OK, you may have noticed that these photos have almost nothing to do with this piece I am writing.  Well, these are snapshots: pictures taken without any real thought of what they are supposed to tell.  The picture above was taken outside Mah Boon Krong (I hope I got that right) a large shopping center in Bangkok.  I was told that its has everything.  I can tell you it has one of the best durian and sticky rice dessert around.  The picture immediately below was taken outside the Bahn nam Klang restaurant just outside Bangkok, beside the Menam Chao Phraya.  The seafood was nice.  not the best I've ever had but it was palatable none the less.

181

This picture below was taken outside MBK.  I thought it was a little bizarre: a woman in modern clothing standing outside a modern building and praying to a couple of replicas of wooden houses.

192

This one was taken from the top floor of the main building of the Sukothai Tammathirat Open University.  Please not the row of apartment buildings.  I found them amazing: almost like a row of pillars for a gigantic fence.

030

Comments

Popular Posts