Malacca revisited

I was in Malacca last week. It was alright. The meeting was a drag, then again most meetings are a drag anyway. We went to Umbai for barbequed fish, which was great. The fish, prawns and this thing Malays call pepahat but I don’t know what it is called in english, were excellent.
I got to visit the old family house where my father and his siblings grew up. The house has a long history I guess. When my granduncle passed away, my father and his siblings donated the house to a organization that takes care of orphans. The organization said that they did not have any specific plans of what they wanted to do with the house just yet. A friend of one of the family asked if he could rent the house. Since they were a poor family and they rented the it to them. From what I saw, the family has been taking good care of the house. For which I am glad. I have many wonderful memories at the house. Making dodol in large woks over wook fire in the backyard: riding my grand uncle’s bicycle around the kampung: running around the place waving fire sparklers with my cousins: many marriage ceremonies: a whole load of others.
Anyway, here are a few photos of the house I took with my camera phone.

Comments

Popular Posts