Catching up

19/3/05
It was my birthday on Saturday. So I'm a year older but am I any wiser. Ain gave me 2 books.
Had lunch at Pakeeza (North Indian restaurant in PJ).
Watched F1 on telly.
29/3/05
This morning just after midnight, I was sitting at my table just about to check my email when I felt myself shake. At first I thought I was having a cardiac episode or something like it. I held up my hands but my hands were steady. Then I realised that the pendulum on wall clock was moving. I went into the living room and I saw that the ceiling fan was shaking. The glass door was also rattling. I realized then that we were experiencing tremors. So, I woke Ain and the kids up. We rushed down the stairs and found most of my neighbors already milling around in the parking lot and roadside, most in their sleep wear.
We decided to see if people in tall building experienced the same thing. I guess I thought if they experienced the tremors too then it was not my building that shook, it was the earth. How that would be comforting, I don't know.
Anyway, they did and we felt fractionally better. Why? I don't know.

30/3/05
Boring day, got my markings done thank God for MS-Excel. Gone are the days of calculators.
31/3/05
Trip to NST, rombongan of UKM lecturers & staff. Why? Search me.
16/3/05
Well the distance learner papers are in and its marking time again.
This morning another family moved into my building this morning. They are Malays, I think.
My PDA is working fine again today, it was acting up yesterday. I fear it maybe time for it to go in for pitstop. Strange thing these miniature machine. You could almost swear that it has a mind of its own.
18/3/05
I've been reading a book on madness.
Madness is a subject that has always intrigued me. In Malaysia it is definitely very much a taboo subject.
We romanticise it.
We shut it out of our public sphere behind the walls of our mental asylums or worse. Here we even the psychiatric help is still suspect. TO think that at some time in the past some of these suposedly mental problems were regarded as gifts.

Comments

Popular Posts